As cities are becoming both digital and smart, communication has become the fifth core infrastructure network after water, electricity, gas, and transportation. To keep up with the demand for bandwidth generated by consumers and applications, service providers and network operators need to optimize the performance and scaling of their existing networking architectures while generating innovative and cost-effective ways to deliver the services.
Advanced optical transmission solutions have been proposed as a solution to consistently scale network operators’ core networks. Fiber optic networks can deliver higher connection speeds for multiple users, in addition to improving cloud connectivity, and bandwidth achieving faster connectivity and greater productivity.
A leading optical network infrastructure company collaborated with Lanner on a jointly-developed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint network infrastructure platform solution to power networks and services for leading CSPs, MSOs, and network operators around the world. Lanner’s hardware platform meets the following requirements:
- Open: Pre-integrated, pre-validated implementation of multi-vendor 5G networks
- High-Speed: Fast Fiber connectivity 100GbE and 400GbE for now and future-scalability
- Compact: Modular optical transport blade/sled solution to provide scalable connectivity in a compact, flexible package.
- Carrier-Grade: The platform offers full Network Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) Level 3 compliance for 5G telecom solutions, in addition to redundant switch controllers, and multi-chassis management.
- Scalable: Sled-based architecture supports flexible adding capacity as you grow, when and how you want, and lowering associated CapEx costs.
The HTCA-E400, a carrier-grade Open Edge Server, powered by 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors (codenamed Ice lake) with built-in AI Acceleration, for 5G Edge Cloud, and AI edge-focused applications with extensive configuration options. HTCA-E400 is a high-performance appliance designed to leverage edge computing for accelerating 5G deployment. HTCA-E400 supports 5x 1U compute sleds or 2x 2U+1U compute sleds, designed to support FPGA, GPU, or Time Sync cards, making it suitable as a consolidated Edge AI server for Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) servers, 5G Edge Cloud, and Compact modular optical transport blade/sled solutions.
The HLM-E110 switch blade provides a fabric interface with 100GbE QSFP28 x6, and 10/25GbE SFP+ x8 with Intel Tofino Series switch controller. This switchblade is compatible with HTCA-E400 Series network appliances to offer 10/25/100GbE fabric connectivity.
Carrier-grade Edge Server Chassis for Open RAN / MEC
|CPU||Depending on compute sled|
|Chipset||Depending on compute sled|